This fee only applies to St. Charles Co. residents!
So, if your physical address is located within St. Charles Co. whether in
- a city, town or village
- a private development
- or a rural area
How the fee is determined:
- This fee is based on the pet's Intact/Altered status on the day of vaccination.
- If your pet is altered (neutered or spayed), the fee is $ 6.00.
- If your pet is intact (not neutered or spayed), the fee is $12.00.
- This fee is not optional.
- A neutered pet getting a 1 Yr. Rabies ($10) would cost $16.00. ($10 & $6)
- The same Pet receiving a 3 Yr. Rabies ($20) would cost $26.00. ($20 & $6)
- If the pet was intact and received a 1 Yr. Rabies, the cost would be $22.00. ($10 & $12)
- An intact pet receiving a 3 Yr. Rabies would cost $32.00. ($20 & $12)
Some semi-random points:
- The fee is a license or tax. It helps support rabies control in St. Charles Co.
- Intact animals have a higher fee since they are responsible for more rabies control calls than altered animals.
- The tags are numbered and used for animal identification and information retrieval.
- Tags are provided at no additional cost.